Whether you’re having trouble with your thermostat or you’re thinking about installing a new one, call us at Medley Heating Air Conditioning Plumbing to get all of your questions answered. We can help you figure out if you have a thermostat problem and decide whether to repair yours or replace it with a new version. We can talk with you through your thermostat options and help you choose the one that is best for you and your home.
A lot of homeowners don’t realize what’s wrong when they have a thermostat problem. They think that the issue is with their heating or air conditioning, or they just figure that their home doesn’t get any warmer or cooler than it currently is. Most of the time, though, you don’t have to sit around in a home that is uncomfortable. Call us and we will check your thermostat to see if it’s the source of the problem.
Common problems that indicate a thermostat malfunction include:
- Your heating or cooling seems to be stuck off…or on!
- You have to keep changing the temperature on the thermostat to stay comfortable.
- Your home isn’t the same temperature throughout.
- Your heating or cooling systems are turning off and on rapidly.
Call us as soon as you notice these problems and we’ll come fix your thermostat today!
If your thermostat is old, you may want to consider upgrading to a newer version. Even if yours is still working, many homeowners find that new thermostats have technology that can save them money. Here are just a few of the features that many of our customers love!
- Programmable thermostats. These allow you to keep your home at particular temperatures at certain times of day. Have it turn on before you wake up, keep it off while everyone is at work, then turn it back on in the evening so the home is warm or cool when everyone gets home.
- Wireless thermostats. These allow you to control your thermostat via a smartphone app. You can also use the app to check in and see how your system is doing. If you need to change the temperature and you’re in the middle of a project far away from your thermostat, you still have the control that you need.
- Touchscreen thermostats. Change your temperature and adjust other settings via a touchscreen, rather than using buttons. These displays are usually larger and easier to read, too, for easier access.
Of course, we would be happy to install any type of thermostat that you want. Just let us know and we’ll get it in according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Installing programmable thermostats, whether they are wireless or have touchscreens or not, can save you money on your heating and air conditioning bills. You won’t have to run your heater all day just to come home to a warm house, so you’ll save the money you would have spent keeping it going all those hours that you were gone.
Having an app can save you even more. Instead of programming the thermostat, just change the temperature when you know you’re heading home. By the time you get there, it will be where you want it without spending any extra time at those higher or lower temperatures.
Some homeowners find that they recoup the costs that come with installing a programmable thermostat within months. They spend so much less on energy that they get their money back and more.
We would love to answer any of your questions about how one of these thermostats might help you save.