When your furnace isn’t working or isn’t working well, it’s easy to feel frustrated or overwhelmed. After all, there are a lot of days when you just don’t have the time or energy to deal with the situation. In some cases, a furnace that won’t turn on could even be a safety issue for you and your family.
At Medley Heating Air Conditioning Plumbing, we understand the importance of fast and effective furnace repairs. Our team of highly trained technicians can address any type of issue with your gas or electric furnace. We quickly diagnose the problem, provide you with our honest recommendations and upfront price breakdown, then get to work restoring your home’s heat. We always arrive on time with everything we need to get the job done, fast.
It’s not always immediately obvious when your furnace needs professional repairs. In addition to a furnace that simply doesn’t turn on, there are many signs that something is wrong with your heating system.
We recommend that you call us for furnace repairs if:
- Your furnace stops blowing hot air. Whether your furnace is blowing cold air, or the air is lukewarm, you won’t be comfortable at home unless you have a professional take a look and fix whatever has gone wrong. Our team can identify the issue and repair it quickly.
- Your furnace makes unusual sounds. While you are likely to hear your furnace running every time it’s on and you’re nearby, you shouldn’t hear anything other than fans and air. If you hear any bangs or other unexpected noises, call us to get it fixed fast.
- Your furnace turns off and on all the time. In a best-case scenario, your furnace should turn on, heat your home to the desired temperature, then turn off and wait for the house to cool down again. Once it does so, the furnace should kick on again. If it clicks off and on continuously, there is likely a problem that requires professional repairs.
- You keep cranking the thermostat up to stay warm. Once you set your thermostat, you should be able to forget about it until you want your home warmer or cooler. If you continually have to turn it up to get the furnace to generate the same amount of heat, it’s time to call in a professional. It could be an issue with your furnace or your thermostat.
- Your pilot light goes out. You may be able to relight this yourself, but if you’re uncomfortable with it or you’re not sure how, it’s a good idea to call an HVAC technician. We’ll make sure there’s no underlying reason the light was extinguished, then get it going again fast.
- The pilot light is yellow instead of blue: A yellow pilot—instead of one that’s blue—could indicate a serious issue with your furnace, including a possible carbon monoxide leak. Make sure you turn the furnace off, leave the area, then call our professionals for immediate assistance.
Some homeowners avoid furnace repair because they’re concerned about how much it will cost or how long it will take. However, it’s always a good idea to deal with these issues head-on, as you will almost certainly save money in the long run. Proper repairs allow you to save the extra wear and tear that happens to your furnace when you use it while it’s broken, and you won’t risk having anything else break or go wrong.
Many gas and electric furnace issues can be effectively repaired with professional help. However, sometimes, it is the better choice to have your furnace replaced entirely.
You may want to consider replacing your furnace if:
- It is near the end of its lifespan (about 15 to 20 years old if gas or about 30 to 30 years if electric)
- You frequently need furnace repairs (two or more repairs per year)
- The cost of repairs is about 30% or more of the cost of replacement
- The furnace is incorrectly sized or ill-suited to your home comfort needs
- You have noticed excessive increases in your energy bills without any additional furnace usage
- The furnace is emitting carbon monoxide
- You want to upgrade your home’s heating system to a newer, more energy-efficient model
Our team can help you determine whether it’s time to replace your furnace or if your heating issues can be effectively resolved with professional repairs. We have built our business on a foundation of integrity and trust; we will only ever provide our honest recommendations and advice.
At Medley Heating Air Conditioning Plumbing, we offer a full range of gas and electric furnace repair services. Our technicians receive extensive, ongoing training to ensure that they are always up to date on the latest heating technology.
Our services include a full system inspection and analysis. Once we have identified the problem, we will inform you of your options, as well as our repair recommendations. We may recommend furnace replacement if we believe that this is the more cost-effective and practical solution. We will also provide you with an upfront pricing breakdown detailing the cost of repairs and other work that needs to be performed. Then, we’ll get right to work repairing your furnace and making sure it’s heating your home effectively. Before we leave, we will test your unit to make sure everything is working properly and will make sure to leave your home exactly as we found it.
We believe in going above and beyond for our customers. We truly care about you and your family’s comfort and are ready to take care of any heating concerns you may have.
Schedule your Carrollton furnace repair service today by calling (972) 449-4834 or by contacting us online. We look forward to hearing from you!
Furnace Repair FAQ
What are the most common furnace problems?
The most common furnace problems include malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitors, faulty flame sensors, bad blower motors, and dirty burners. However, there is a myriad of issues that can arise with both gas and electric furnaces. At Medley Heating Air Conditioning Plumbing, we know how to diagnose any furnace problem, as well as how to repair all types of common and not-so-common issues.
How expensive are furnace repairs?
The average cost of furnace repairs in Texas for 2022 ranges between about $150 and $500. That being said, the exact cost of repairs will depend on numerous factors, including the type of furnace you have, the extent of the problem, whether certain components need to be replaced, and much more. At Medley Heating Air Conditioning Plumbing, we strive to offer the highest quality furnace repairs at the best possible price. No other HVAC company in the area offers the value we provide to our customers.