Is your heating system not working very well? Are you cold at home and not sure what has gone wrong? Call Medley—we’ll send out an expert heating service technician to take a look at your system and come up with a plan to get it running again as fast as possible. No matter what the problem may be, we have the training, tools, and expertise to diagnose the issue and quickly repair it so that you can get back to enjoying a comfortable home.
We work to take as much of the stress and worry out of the situation as possible. Our team will communicate with you throughout the process so you always know what’s going on and what to expect. We know that you don’t have the time or the energy to constantly be concerned about your home and how things are running. When you trust your heating repairs to Medley, you can trust that we’ll take care of everything so you can get back to living your life.
Types of Heating Systems We Repair
Our technicians receive extensive, ongoing training to ensure that they are always up to date on the latest heating technology and systems. We work on all types of heaters and can handle just about any issue you may have. No matter where the repair needs to be done, we’ll assess the situation and let you know how we can help to fix it.
We most commonly work on the following types of heating systems:
- Central heating systems
- Gas and electric furnaces
- Heat pumps
- Ductless mini-split systems
We are well-versed in all residential heating systems and their components. Our technicians will carefully inspect your system and identify any concerns. Then, we’ll provide professional recommendations based on their findings, as well as transparent, upfront pricing before beginning any work. We want to make sure that you know what to expect when it comes to your repair service and welcome any questions you may have.
If your heating system has stopped working entirely, it’s pretty clear that you need to call someone to fix it. However, your heating system can have other, smaller problems before it completely gives out. If you notice these, you may be able to get your repair done before you end up needing complete heating system replacement.
We recommend that you call for heating system repairs in Carrollton if:
- Your heater blows cool or lukewarm air. If the air coming out of your vents isn’t hot, then chances are good that something has gone wrong with your heater. In fact, it may be working a lot harder than it needs to simply because it is pumping air more frequently than it should. This can cause a lot of wear and tear on your system and may even mean you’ll need to replace it sooner than you might have planned.
- Your heater makes unusual noises. You’ll always be able to hear your furnace run, but you shouldn’t hear banging, screeching, clonking, or other loud and unusual sounds. When you hear these, call us right away. If you wait too long, your system could stop working entirely, leaving you and your family without heat.
- Your heater runs all the time. Your heater should run for a while, then turn off when your house is warm enough, then turn back on later after temperatures drop again. If it’s running all the time, it’s working too hard and you risk burning out the motor.
- Your heater stops and starts all the time. There should be at least a few minutes between the heater stopping and starting, depending on how cold it is outside and what temperature you want to achieve inside. If it is constantly going on and off, you risk blowing out a switch.
- You have to keep cranking your thermostat up to get warm enough. You should be able to set your thermostat at one temperature and forget about it. If you can’t, there’s likely some issue with the thermostat’s communication with the heating system. Reach out to Medley for comprehensive thermostat services, including repairs.
These are just some of the most common signs that something is wrong with your heating system. If you think you need heater repairs, reach out to Medley. No matter the problem at hand, we can resolve it!
Should I repair or replace my heater?
The choice to repair or replace your heater is one that depends on many factors. Many heating system issues can be fixed with professional repairs; others indicate larger problems that are less likely to be as effectively resolved. You’ll want to consider the general age of your heating system—is it less than 10 years old? It may be more cost-effective to have it repaired. If it’s more than 10 to 15 years old, however, you might be better off replacing it. You’ll also want to think about the overall cost of repairs. If it’s going to cost 30% or more of the cost of replacing your heating system, repairs may not be worth it.
The team at Medley can inspect your system and determine whether you’ll benefit more from repairs or complete system replacement. We always offer our honest advice and never recommend any products or services we don’t truly believe you need.
How often should I replace my filters?
Furnace filters that are one to two inches should be replaced about once every month to three months. Filters that are three to four inches should be replaced every six to nine months. Larger filters can be changed about once every nine months to once a year.